In 2005 Ljubljana hosted the 37th International Danube Symposium For Neurological Sciences And Continuing Education.
A decade is over. The Symposium and ourselves, we all are all ten years wiser and older. What about neurology? Understanding of pathological mechanisms, diagnostic skills, management possibilities and ethical (self)questioning - where are we now, ten years later?
To find answers, or to be left with questions, to reinforce your neuro- optimism or justify a neuro-pessimism, may I warmly invite you to
THE LJUBLJANA DANUBE SYMPOSIUM – TEN YEARS AFTER October 6-8th 2016
Ljubljana, a charming mid-European capital will host the 48th get-together, addressing largely the same topics as discussed in 2005, but from the perspective of a decade later.
- The Danube Lecture
- Management of acute ischaemic stroke in Danube countries & beyond
- Management of carotid disease in Danube countries & beyond
- Atrial fibrillation treatment in Danube countries & beyond
- Pathophysiology of cortical motor disorders
- Functional neuroimaging
- Satellite symposium on new diagnostic and treatment aspects of neurological disorders
- Recent findings in experimental and clinical neurology
- Hand-over clinics – Transition from paediatric to adult neurology
- Paediatric neurological disorders at the end of adolescence
- Satellite symposium on new and emerging indications for botulinum toxin treatment
- Satellite symposium on dementia: What is new about Alzheimer's disease?
- Bridging neurology and psychiatry
- Demyelinating disease
- Satellite symposium on MS treatment
- Ethical issues in neurology
ALSO, AFTER A DECADE
- Young neurologists (YNT) get together
- Specialist nurses in neurology
- Personal neurological letters from Danube countries and beyond
- Basal ganglia video dinner
- Poster highlights
Please join us in Ljubljana!
prof. Zvezdan Pirtošek, MD, PhD